Yeshua’s true birthday is the Feast of Succoth
Yeshua was born on the Feast of Succoth, the Greatest of all the 7 Feasts of the LORD, on the 15th day of the seventh month, on the Feast day of Joy and Rejoicing!
Christmas is celebrated by millions of Christians as His Birthday, but it’s time to Celebrate the real Truth!
The Greatest Miracle of all was Yeshua’s Conception in the womb of the virgin Miriam. Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign, Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.”
Since conception was nine months prior to His birthday on Succoth, did God prophesy His conception day? Yes!
In Haggai 2:18-19, “Consider now from this day forward, from the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, from the day that the foundation of the LORD’s Temple was laid, consider it. But from this day I will bless you.”
What did Yeshua accomplish for us when He was born into the earth in the womb of Miriam? Yeshua restored to mankind who we are as true sons of God, our lost identity as God’s children was restored to us. Luke 3:38 “Adam, son of God.” With His death, He purchased our sonship!
What is stopping us from Celebrating Yeshua’s Birthday? Not all Messianic leaders are in agreement about Yeshua’s Birthday being on Succoth. There are other opinions. Yes, there may be different opinions. But Succoth is Yeshua’s true Birthday! Yeshua wants His Birthday to be Celebrated!
Before we look at 13 different points proving Yeshua’s Birthday is on Succoth, let’s first answer three different objections, with the proofs given to me by the Holy Spirit for why each of these three objections is incorrect …
A) All the men of Israel were commanded by God in the Torah that during the three major Feasts of the LORD, Passover, Shavuot, and Succoth, that they had to come to the place where God would place His name, which later became the Temple in Jerusalem. And this was especially true during the seven days of the Feast of Succoth.
So how was it possible then for Joseph to have not violated the Torah, since Joseph was in Bethlehem those seven days of Succoth with His betrothed wife Miriam and her new born baby Yeshua, and not in Jerusalem? Answer: Joseph was truly in the Place where God had placed His name; he was in the Presence of the Son of God, the baby Yeshua, the very Temple where God had chosen to place His Holy name those seven days of Succoth.
B) Addressing the 2nd major argument against Yeshua’s Birthday being on Succoth: A book by a leading Messianic brother states that Yeshua was born in the spring on the 1st day of the first month.
Yeshua could not have been born on the 1st day of the first month, in Nisan (March – April), as has been taught, and as many have believed. For if this was true, then His cousin Yochanan (John), who was born six months earlier, would have been born during the time of the fall feasts, and therefore begun his ministry thirty years later as God’s prophet at the Jordan river, in the fall.
What that means then is how could all of Israel have been able to go out to Yochanan at the Jordan River in the winter, baptized by him during the cold and rainy winter months in Israel, from October to March, going into that cold Jordan River for baptism?
Just remember how Yochanan dressed, wearing his summer best.
C) And also Yeshua could not have been born during the time of Chanukah, in December (on the 24th of the 9th Hebrew month, Kislev), during the winter, as has also been taught. For at that time the shepherds would not have been out in the fields of Bethlehem watching over and protecting their flocks of sheep and baby sheep by night. Also in Haggai 2:18, the 24th of the ninth month falls on the eve of Chanukkah every year, & usually also around Christmas time, when so many of the Christian believers celebrate the Lord’s birthday. I believe that the reason why Christmas time is so very special worldwide is because this was the time that the Greatest miracle of God had happened, Yeshua’s conception in the virgin!
Now that we have ruled out the three main objections against the Truth of Yeshua being born on Succoth, let’s now focus on 13 points of proof showing that Yeshua was indeed born Succoth.
Yeshua was coming to earth to do God Things on God Days!
1) “Behold, I bring you Good News of Great Joy, which shall be to all people.” (Luke 2:10) Succoth is the main feast where we are commanded to Rejoice. “… and you shall rejoice for seven days before the LORD your God.” Leviticus 23:40 Succoth is known as the Feast of Joy, the Feast of Rejoicing!
Yeshua was Born the Greatest of all Feast Days of the LORD! That specific Day would be a God Sign, for it had to be held on a Feast Day of the LORD which was a Day of Great Joy! That could only be the Feast of Succoth!
2) Yeshua was born on a very specific Day, (Luke 2:11), “Today, in the city of David, there has been born to you a Savior, who is Messiah (Yeshua), the Lord!” The Son of God had to be Born on a Feast Day of God! And Succoth is the Greatest of all the Feast Days of God!
Luke 2:7-14 And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the Glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you Good News of Great Joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this Day in the city of David a Savior, who is Messiah the Lord. And this will be the sign to you, You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly host praising God saying, “Glory to God in the highest, & on earth Peace, goodwill toward men!”
3) The reason why there was no room in the inn in Bethlehem was because all of Israel was traveling to Jerusalem, to keep the Feast of Succoth, and the roads were very crowded with people.
4) On the second night of the Feast of Succoth in Jerusalem, the special annual candlestick lighting ceremony of illuminating the Jerusalem temple would begin. Three enormous golden candle-sticks were set up in ‘the court of the women’, each having four golden bowls at their top, each containing over seven gallons of oil. The priests used their worn-out priest swaddling under garments for the candle wicks in these giant candlesticks, for their nightly ceremonies. The light from this special candle lighting ceremony was so great, that it could be seen all over Jerusalem.
So while the great light show was going on to light up the temple five miles north in Jeusalem, God was putting on His own great Light show in the heavens over the fields of Bethlehem, to give Glory to Yeshua, His only begotten Son, born that first day of Succoth, in a very humble succah, a manger in Bethlehem.
5) “And this will be the sign to you, you shall find the Babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger (a stahl, or a crib, or ‘a succah’).” One major belief is that swaddling clothes were the Aaronic priests linen undergarments. Whose swaddling clothes was baby Yeshua wrapped in? They could only have been those from His own family & close relative, His uncle, priest Zechariah, who was the real mystery Zadok high priest of Aaron. Yeshua was wrapped in the swaddling clothes of the Aaronic high priest!
Swaddling clothes was also believed to have been what the legs of the baby lambs were wrapped in to protect them from injury, especially those lambs which were chosen for temple sacrifice on the feast days. ‘The Temple’, book by Alfred Edersheim.
6) A ‘Succah’ was baby Yeshua’s dwelling place for those seven days in Bethlehem just after His birth, 5 miles south of Jerusalem.
Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the children of Israel, saying: ‘The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the Feast of Succoth (Tabernacles), for seven days to the LORD.’
“You shall dwell in booths (English word for ‘succahs’ in Hebrew) for seven days; all that are native Israelites shall dwell in booths (‘succahs’); that your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in succahs, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt. I am the LORD your God.” Leviticus 23:33-43
7) The prophesy of Yeshua’s conception on the 24th of the ninth month … when the foundation of the LORD’s Temple was laid, was nine months before His Birthday on Succoth. Haggai 2:18
The 24th day of the ninth month happens every year around a most special time of year, Christmas time. Why is this so special? Because this is the time was when the greatest miracle of all happened on earth, when the Son God Yeshua came into the womb of Miriam at conception. That’s why this time of year is so special. This date is also the eve of Chanukkah. But Chanukkah was when Maccabees threw the Zadokite priests out of the Jerusalem Temple.
8) The two greatest Feast Days of the LORD will be celebrated during the Millennial Reign of Yeshua, the days of Succoth and Passover; Succoth was when Yeshua was born from the virgin and Passover was when Yeshua died for us on the Cross, giving His Life to redeem mankind and the earth. See Ezekiel 45:21, 25
9) The Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. John 1:14
10) By studying the priest division or order of priest Zachariah, who was of Abijah, the 8th order of 24 divisions of the Aaronic priesthood listed in 1st Chronicles 24 (Luke 1:5), if Zechariah was serving in the Jerusalem Temple in the first obligatory time, then it is easy to prove that his son Yochanan was born on Passover.
11) Miriam would give Birth to her Son. The Spiritual Temple of God, the Son of God, Yeshua, was to be Birthed on to the earth.
On what Feast was the first physical Temple of God, the one that David’s own son king Solomon built in Jerusalem? When was it finished, fully completed, and then also dedicated to God with the Ark of the Covenant, the Presence of God, placed inside it?
The Answer: on Succoth! ‘… on the Feast of Tabernacles!
Thus Solomon finished the House of the LORD…’ [2nd Chronicles 5:1, 3, 12-14; 7:8 , 11; & 1st Kings 8:10, 65, 66]
12) God will Pour out His Spirit on all flesh … this is what Yeshua announced in Jerusalem about Living Waters, almost 2000 years ago on the last day, that great day of the Feast of Succoth.
On the last day, that great day of the Feast, Yeshua stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of Living Water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Yeshua was not yet glorified … John 7:37-39
13) Succoth is also when the Marriage Supper of the Lamb will be held in Jerusalem, celebrated each year for 1000 years! This Celebration will also be held on Yeshua’s Birthday! See Zechariah 14:16 ‘And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts (our King and Great High Priest Yeshua), and to keep the Feast of Succoth, the Feast of Tabernacles.’
Isaiah 25:6-10 And in this mountain (Zion) the LORD of hosts will make for all people a feast of choice pieces, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of well-refined wines on the lees. And He will destroy on this mountain the surface of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death forever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces; the rebuke of His people He will take away from all the earth; for the LORD has spoken. And it will be said in that day, “Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for Him; we will be glad and Rejoice in His Salvation.” For on this Mountain (Zion, in Jerusalem) the Hand of the LORD will rest …
Yeshua has told us all these Truths in His Word. “You shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free!” John 8:32
John 18:37 “Are You a king then?” Yeshua answered, “You say rightly that I am a King. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the Truth!”
Yeshua was asked by His disciples about the End Times, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the Age?” Yeshua answered and said to them, “Take heed that no one deceives you!” Matthew 24:3, 4
Yeshua came to earth not only to save and forgive us, but also to restore God’s image and likeness back into us. We have failed to honor our Messiah and Savior Yeshua by Celebrating His true Birthday of Succoth. It’s Time to Celebrate Yeshua’s Birthday!
Like this article? Help it reach more people! Donate to Kehila News
RIchard has served the Lord full-time from Jerusalem since 1998, having made Aliyah to Israel in 1995. He been a writer for the Lord Yeshua since 1982. All of his books, including the newest one, ‘King Priest Yeshua from the Seed of David and Aaron’, along with other writings are free to read and download from his website.